1. The Lansdowne Club is committed to eliminate discrimination whether by reason of age,
disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, race,
colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex, or sexual orientation
(‘Protected Characteristics’) and to encourage equal opportunities for members, guests and
2. This is not merely a legal requirement, but equalities have been in the best tradition of the Club
since foundation as the first Private Members Club to have been founded on the principle that
women should be admitted on equal terms to men.
3. Our commitment to anti-discrimination and equal opportunities applies throughout the
Lansdowne Club at every level and ensures that in all our activities we will not discriminate or
treat anyone less favourably because of a Protected Characteristic. Members and employees
must not unlawfully discriminate against or harass other people including current and former
members or employees, applicants, guests, suppliers, and other visitors. This applies in both
inside of and outside of the Club, on social media and at all social events (including offsite
employee social events).
4. The Lansdowne Club will not tolerate any harassment, bullying or other discriminatory
behaviour, whether physical or verbal and will work to ensure that such behaviour is met with
appropriate action in whatever context it occurs.
5. If you are disabled or become disabled, we encourage you to tell us about your condition so
that we can consider what reasonable adjustments or support may be appropriate.